We took the girls to the Goldfield Ghost Town on President’s Day and to the restaurant at Tortilla Flats. I think Mr. 72 had a better time than the girls did but it was fun to go explore a little bit. It is just a neat old west town with some shops, a chapel, jail, train rides and a mine you can tour. We didn’t do the train ride or mine but plan on coming back to do it! The girls got a tad scared when the horns blew and the train “choo-choo” was too loud for E’s liking. So we just played around and looked at the gift shops and hat store and then threw H in jail for a picture.
We took them to the restraurant at Tortilla Flats which was super busy but we got in quick. They decorated the place with dollar bills and the usual old west town memorabilia. The bar stools were old saddles too! The ladies bathroom was a bit concerning because the door was short so you could see the person in there….just their head, but still. The door also had a woman’s body painted on it to make it a tad more awkward for everyone involved…even the passerby’s since they did not have the door closed to the entrance of the bathroom…they may want to rethink this business plan.
Anyway, it was a good President’s Day. We came home early so I could go pick up little man, then had some relax time at the park and home and tacos for dinner. All in all it was a memorable day 🙂
Once again we visited our spot on the rim, Mogollon Rim up in northern AZ. Lovey, we fished all day Saturday, Mr caught 2 fish…we lost one to the lake but the other…..tasty. A lot of relaxing was done, a lot of talking, a lot of star gazing and day dreaming.
Happy Birthday Buggy!
Wow….just looked back over the past year, what a year! We have had so much fun I can’t believe it was all jammed into one tiny year. Although this year won’t be as eventful, I still want to take time to say I LOVE YOU and so happy you were born and are here in my life. I must say, I think you get better every year and can’t wait to see where this next year of living goes! I hope you had a fantastic birthday!
Dinner at The Dhaba in Tempe…it was spicy and delicious. I can see why it is so popular! Don’t let the exterior building throw you off…go in, dine, review for yourself.
I also gave buggy a horseback riding present scheduled for next week. Read about it here.
I love you!
Last Years Birthday – Biff and Rabbit Tail and 40 Reasons
Fun. The last two months have been fun…a tad stressful at times, but overall FUN. A quick update in pictures 🙂
1: We went to a Foals concert on 4/18/13 at Marquee Theater in Tempe. Super good band, check them out if you haven’t already!
2: My sister was in town for the weekend in April. We got a chance to go out as an adult couple group. We went to Tapas Papas Frita and another hidden swanky bar after. If I could remember the name of the bar I’d tell you but …it escapes me at the moment. It was pretty cool, they had couches everywhere, it was dark and keg-like, plus live music and slow dancing. Next time me and the Mr. go, we are definitely dancing when sibling eyes are making fun of us, hehe. It was fun watching my sister and her hubs try after 5,000 attempts to get a picture they liked at dinner, lol. Such good looking family I have 😉
3: We met the family at San Tan Flats on Saturday for lunch. This is cool place for kids; cowboys, ranch, fire pits, things to climb on…even smores at night!
4: Summa-summa-time! Yup April marks the start of summer in AZ. Get ready, it’s about to get SUPA hot!
My baby boy amazing me sometimes.
- He is learning so fast and so quick. With learning Spanish and English I thought he would be a tad behind because of having to distinguish between the languages but he is really doing great and knows who to speak Spanish to and who in English. His nanny GG always tells me that he knows to speak to her in Spanish whereas with me he really only uses a few choice words in Spanish.
- The other day he was asking what certain words said on a piece of fabric (had different animals sounds repeated on it) and then he without asking me, matched it with the same word on a different spot of the fabric. I’m not sure if you can count this as reading but I was certainly impressed.
- I got him one of those bikes without pedals so he can practice riding with the assurance of his own feet holding him up. He seems to like it and will ride it for a little while. I think once he realizes he has control over it he is going to be gone like the wind….now to get him to wear his helmet!
- He sat through Cars 2 last week. First movie I have ever seen him sit through. Now he asks for “Mader” constantly, lol. Good thing that movie is funny, otherwise I’d go nuts. But hey, it’s a welcome break from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- Miss H also showed him how to ride a toy quad and he did it! After 7 months of having his, he finally got on one! He hasn’t since but I think this “older sister” thing is going to work out! He will try anything if she shows him first….should probably keep an eye on those two growing up lol.
- Then on Valentine’s Day I walk into the house, he’s dressed in a red shirt with a black vest, holding a toy rose that light’s up and smiles and runs to me saying “Happy valentine’s Mommy” – Melt my heart.
…or week, or weeks if you feel like going overboard. Which I did and he did, yay!
I had decided to once and for all put to rest who loves who more and out do him for V-Day. 14 days of love. Each day I planned on giving him something or doing something nice for him. I did end up missing a couple days cause life happened but for the most part I think it went over well.
A few of the things I did were leaving notes or cards, gave him some of his favorite snacks (Wasabi and soy almonds, Kit Kat), planned a very romantical picnic date (complete with old quilt blanket, vintage picnic basket, wine, and a sunset), a bottle of his favorite whiskey, personalized coffee mugs, framed pictures of each member of our family, donuts on Sunday morning, and then finally over decorating his house for valentine’s with personalized notes of promises I will keep to him.
I know he said it was too much but I don’t ever want to to stop showing him how much I care and how much I love him. I enjoyed every second of making him happy probably more than he enjoyed getting it.
He also surprised me by giving me a bouquet of roses at work with a super sappy card. Then another bouquet at home later that evening. PLUS a trip to a cabin in a couple weeks for some buggy time and he scheduled us to take couple pictures in a few weeks too with lovely photographer Traci Sewell. I am so excited! I went out the next day to look for outfits 🙂 (Thanks T and A for helping me shop!)
I think our debate on who loves who more will have to be settled another day….it was a great Valen-buggy day!
Yup…and it’s only 15 minutes away from my house. Schnepf’ Farms! I know! How have I lived here and have never gone? Who knows…but now I have and now that is where I will be when nothing stops me from being there. I wish I could have a farm; animals, fresh veggies and fruit, a porch, land for the kids to play on, a place for buggy to ride his quad or dirt bike. Amazing. I had such a good day and we topped it off with home baked goods from the country store, ooye-gooye brownie and mouth watering apple pie. YUM!