My baby boy amazing me sometimes.
- He is learning so fast and so quick. With learning Spanish and English I thought he would be a tad behind because of having to distinguish between the languages but he is really doing great and knows who to speak Spanish to and who in English. His nanny GG always tells me that he knows to speak to her in Spanish whereas with me he really only uses a few choice words in Spanish.
- The other day he was asking what certain words said on a piece of fabric (had different animals sounds repeated on it) and then he without asking me, matched it with the same word on a different spot of the fabric. I’m not sure if you can count this as reading but I was certainly impressed.
- I got him one of those bikes without pedals so he can practice riding with the assurance of his own feet holding him up. He seems to like it and will ride it for a little while. I think once he realizes he has control over it he is going to be gone like the wind….now to get him to wear his helmet!
- He sat through Cars 2 last week. First movie I have ever seen him sit through. Now he asks for “Mader” constantly, lol. Good thing that movie is funny, otherwise I’d go nuts. But hey, it’s a welcome break from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- Miss H also showed him how to ride a toy quad and he did it! After 7 months of having his, he finally got on one! He hasn’t since but I think this “older sister” thing is going to work out! He will try anything if she shows him first….should probably keep an eye on those two growing up lol.
- Then on Valentine’s Day I walk into the house, he’s dressed in a red shirt with a black vest, holding a toy rose that light’s up and smiles and runs to me saying “Happy valentine’s Mommy” – Melt my heart.
…or week, or weeks if you feel like going overboard. Which I did and he did, yay!
I had decided to once and for all put to rest who loves who more and out do him for V-Day. 14 days of love. Each day I planned on giving him something or doing something nice for him. I did end up missing a couple days cause life happened but for the most part I think it went over well.
A few of the things I did were leaving notes or cards, gave him some of his favorite snacks (Wasabi and soy almonds, Kit Kat), planned a very romantical picnic date (complete with old quilt blanket, vintage picnic basket, wine, and a sunset), a bottle of his favorite whiskey, personalized coffee mugs, framed pictures of each member of our family, donuts on Sunday morning, and then finally over decorating his house for valentine’s with personalized notes of promises I will keep to him.
I know he said it was too much but I don’t ever want to to stop showing him how much I care and how much I love him. I enjoyed every second of making him happy probably more than he enjoyed getting it.
He also surprised me by giving me a bouquet of roses at work with a super sappy card. Then another bouquet at home later that evening. PLUS a trip to a cabin in a couple weeks for some buggy time and he scheduled us to take couple pictures in a few weeks too with lovely photographer Traci Sewell. I am so excited! I went out the next day to look for outfits 🙂 (Thanks T and A for helping me shop!)
I think our debate on who loves who more will have to be settled another day….it was a great Valen-buggy day!
Yup…and it’s only 15 minutes away from my house. Schnepf’ Farms! I know! How have I lived here and have never gone? Who knows…but now I have and now that is where I will be when nothing stops me from being there. I wish I could have a farm; animals, fresh veggies and fruit, a porch, land for the kids to play on, a place for buggy to ride his quad or dirt bike. Amazing. I had such a good day and we topped it off with home baked goods from the country store, ooye-gooye brownie and mouth watering apple pie. YUM!