What a fantastic trip! Mr. 72 and I went to California for the weekend [now 2 weeks ago], stopping at Huntington Beach and Brea, CA. I was so excited to get going I was literally bouncing out of my seat in the car…”Let’s go, let’s go!!!” 7 blissful hours talking with Mr. 72 sounded like heaven to me….and it was. We had the best conversation we talked about the kids, work, marriage, moving in together, family, careers, kids, random silly stuff and everything in between.
- Mr. 72 surprised me with a Friday night stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa! The hotel was amazing, so beautiful. They had a few restaurants to choose from, as well as a store in the plaza. The bed was comfy and the balcony had a view of the ocean. There was an Indian wedding there on Saturday and it was so cool to see all the saris and decorations. All the bright colors made it so cheerful and celebratory.
- Squeezer and Jolly met us at the pool the next day to hang out and relax. This was the first time meeting Mr. 72’s best friend and his wife. I was so nervous but after meeting them and seeing how sweet and fun they were, it was easy to relax and be myself. I love seeing two people who are so completely in love, it makes me really happy, and those two are obviously head over heels for each other, so stinkin cute! I can see why Mr. 72 speaks so highly and cares so much for them, hard not to after meeting them.
- We ate lunch at the Huntington Beach Beer Company…twice – Mr. 72 and Squeezer had the Spicy Blonde Onion Burger and loved it (looked delicous…too spicy for this girl, I’m a wimp), Jolly had the Ahi Tuna Salad. I had the Pier Pale Ale the first trip we made (not my favorite but Mr. 72 said as far as wheat beers goes, it was pretty good), Homemade Spinach Dip (3 stars.. not the best but good)
- Went to the beach and breakfast with Mr. 72’s family – This was the first time meeting them as well. They were so nice and I’m so excited to get to know them better. I felt so welcome and that they were genuinely happy to meet me as well.
- Played at the Hollywood Hat Lounge – found some interesting styles…never tried on an uneven hat before, should have bought it, or at least taken a picture. Mr. 72 needs to start wearing hats but we have to find his style first…no luck at that store. Although I did like him in a newsboy cap, mini gyn spasm…he didn’t like it though.
- Took a long walk on the beach and pier and watched the surfers. We cuddled behind a small building on the pier since the wind was so frigid. I love this man. I could have stayed there for the rest of my life.
- Had dinner with Squeezer and Jolly at Taps Fish House and Brewery – This place was delicious! I had steak, Mr. 72 had the Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass, Squeezer had a pot of mussels, and Jolly …hmm can’t remember but I know she liked it! This was so much fun, we all got dressed up, kind of felt like Homecoming for adults. Mr. 72 even placed my order for me since I can’t order a steak…it was very Mad Men. He knows the way to my heart, that one.
- Watched Squeezer play with the Humble Hooligans at The Auld Dubliner in Long Beach. (You should ‘like’ them on Facebook and check out a show if you’re in the neighborhood). Me and Mr. 72 were the couple making everyone uncomfortable by making out, haha, whatevs. I’m sure Jolly and her best friend didn’t appreciate that but….what can I say, my man is irresistable!
- Ended up seeing my little cousin B at Starbucks one morning. CraZY! I totally blanked on the fact that he lives right around the area. He was there studying and doing research. So glad I looked to my left or I would have totally missed him. Wish we would have had more time to catch up but at least he got to meet Mr. 72. Sorry for the impromptu ambush-like meeting!
- The boys tried to go surfing but by the time we got over there it was too cold and the waves just weren’t there. I felt bad for them, I know Mr. 72 was really looking forward to that.
There are the major bullets from the trip. Hard to tell everything that happened in a post that anyone would want to read. The small moments are what make a trip to me, things that people don’t blog about.
Little Moments Vomit: Wendy’s forgot to put sausage in the Mr’s breakfast sandwich, listening to Tucson music mixes, discussing how Mr cannot helicopter ski off a mountain, Jolly’s driving skillz, making friends with a duck, beer getting stolen, bartender making me walk all the way back to my purse at the pool to prove I wasn’t twelve (bartender prolly thought kudos to Mr. 72 on bagging the young lady), riding razors back to Mr’s brother’s camp, holding hands….a lot, valet guy calling me Mrs. “Mr 72” when he got our car [SUPER G moment for me], eyeballing a couple of classic cars, sight-seeing Mr. 72’s childhood spots, wearing the same “couple-outfit” to another Irish bar, napping on the beach, Mr and Squeezes’ impromptu jam session in the garage….and then again in the living room, shots in the kitchen, stinky but adorable dogs, polka-dot dress, playing shuffle board and drinking white russians in the swanky lounge, whiskey does not make you frisky lol.
See? It’s the little stuff. The drive home was just as good as the way out. I could talk and stare at Mr for 7 hours any day. Love of my life. Thank you mi amor for another wonderful vacation. I adore you.
More pictures to come….someone, *cough *cough, hasn’t downloaded them yet.