Things I said I wouldn’t do as a parent before I was a parent but now let slide….judge me if you must but you know you’ve done something similar at one point!
- Let him walk around the house (which has white carpet) with blueberries because he won’t eat them in his highchair.
- Watch more than one episode of Mickey Mouse b/c he’s too tired to play and if not he will go to sleep at 6:00….instead of 7:00, therefore waking up in the morning at 3:30.
- Play ball inside ….it’s AZ, it’s hot, what else are we supposed to do.
- Let him sleep in bed with me in the mornings…mama’s tired, this gets me at least another 30 minutes of eyes-are-closed-but-I’m-not-sleeping time
- Let him eat more sugar than he needs…thanks Abuelo for instilling the “Cookie Monster” into my son. He now thinks pan dulce is for breakfast every day and not just a treat.
Looking back it’s kind of funny how many things I claimed that I would never do! I was even pretty liberal cause I saw all my neices and nephews and knew better than to say “I would never” but…..here we are!